Tagged: Negative numbers
Published on November 11, 2015
This pack contains a series of 5 worksheets (with accompanying solutions). Each worksheet includes 15 questions, one on each of the following topics:
1) Column Addition (with decimals)
2) Column Subtraction (with decimals)
3) ‘Long’ Multiplication (including decimals)
4) Division (including decimals)
5) Rounding (decimal places)
6) Rounding (significant figures)
7) Order of Operations
8) Listing Factors
9) Squaring/Cubing a Number
10) Square/Cube Roots
11) Listing Multiples
13) Product of Prime Factors
14) Adding/Subtracting with Negatives
15) Multiplying/Dividing with Negatives
HOW COULD I USE A SKILL DRILL?
That’s entirely up to you! Below are some suggestions though:
• Over a week or two to check progress as you ‘attack’ these topics in lessons
• As a diagnostic tool with a new group
• Set as a homework
• As a starter activity once a week to check skill retention after covering these
WHO IS THIS SKILL DRILL FOR?
This Skill Drill is primarily targeted at Foundation GCSE students aiming for a C. Although few of the included skills in this particular drill are ‘Grade C skills’ in and of themselves, they are still common weaknesses for such students.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
The included student tracker is ideal to allow students to track their own progress on each topic across the 5 drills.